Mt Rainier national park

Author: M. / Labels: , ,

07/01/2010

Upon leaving Seattle, our first stop was Mt. Rainier national park. I knew nothing about it, but J. suggested we should go and go is what we did. :)



Mt. Rainier is located in the state of Washington, south of Seattle and it’s exactly what the name gives away: a mountain!

A very snowy mountain I might add...



Seriously snowy!!



Entering the park involved driving through winding, icy roads, surrounded by gorgeous, white sceneries. When I got to Seattle, I knew I had gotten out of the winter areas. Being in Mt. Rainier brought me back to that atmosphere.

We drove all the way up to a small location called “Paradise”, where people park their cars, wear their snowshoes and start hiking through the snow-covered paths. The views all around were truly spectacular.




They don’t call it Paradise for nothing!

Did I mention there were SERIOUSLY large amounts of snow?



After leaving the park, we stopped for lunch at a restaurant that had caught our attention on our way up.



It was an old train wagon, converted into a fully functioning restaurant. The decoration felt very traditional, the people were very friendly and my elk burger was juicy and delicious! Just what we needed to continue our journey.

M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment