Seattle...

Author: M. / Labels: ,

07/01/2010

Seattle was generally good to me. There were a lot of things to see and I had my fun, but for some reason, my interest was gradually decreasing and it started feeling like 15 days was a bit too long for me.

The first day I got very excited about the city. Walking around Capitol Hill and checking out all its little, unique shops, it was giving me the impression that this would be my kind of city.



Christmas eve and day were awesome. Either with E.’s family, or with a bunch of burners, the days were filled with interesting people, stimulating conversations, lots of laughter and ridiculous amounts of delicious food! I don’t know what others say, but to me, that’s what Christmas is all about. :)

The following days I did the touristy thing as much as I could. I started getting lost all around the city, taking photos, checking places out, talking to random people. I can’t say that I went out exploring as much as usual, but I definitely tried to figure some places out. I don’t have the same energy and excitement I had 6-7 months ago. I tried forcing myself one day to meet people, see places, take photos and it all went horribly wrong. Things need to flow naturally and just happen as they are meant to happen. Forcing myself to want something could never work out.

I did feel though, after a few days, that the things to see and experience are fairly limited. I can almost make a list of them.

Sunset at discovery park and the beach below it...





Exploring the houseboats and admiring the Seattle skyline from the water...





Walking through its steep roads...



Paying a visit to the troll under the bridge...



The public market where you can buy just about anything...



Almost diving in the nearby waterfalls...



And then that was it.... I must be honest, the last few days that my friend T. was back in town, I discovered more places and cool spots, but those experiences were people oriented, rather than including natural beauty or sights of the city. It may have also been the weather that did not help, as it was rainy and cloudy most of the days. It doesn't really bother me that much, and it does create some wonderful effects for photography, but it's not what I was after those days.
Either way, had it not been for my waiting for T. to come back, I would have probably left earlier.

A couple of days before leaving, my friend J. from New York flew in and we were gonna travel together down to San Francisco. So, one lovely thursday morning, we set off for the long way south.

M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment