3 weeks in San Francisco

Author: M. / Labels: , ,

03/02/2010

Three weeks in San Francisco and what did I do? Not much! I was actually very close to nothing! And how bad do I feel about that? NOT-AT-ALL!

Let's face it! I'm tired! I've lost the desire to explore and meet a gazillion new people. I just want to rest a bit. And San Francisco offered me the perfect opportunity for that. I had arranged to stay at the CouchSurfing basecamp (something like the headquarters let's say) where I would get to meet some people I have been in touch for a long time already and would also get some work done. What came with that arrangement? Not only was I constantly surrounded by awesome people, but I also finally had a bed to sleep in, a couch to relax on and a kitchen to drink water from while others are cooking (come on, which part of "tired" did you not get?)! And all that for more than just 3-4 days!! :D





So I took fully advantage of that and I became a couchpotato with an excuse. Not that I didn't go out at all though. I did have those weird brunch or cupcake outings, walking around the city without pants on, bike rides up the VERY steep hills, the obligatory visit to the golden gate bridge and the odd beer-enhanced nights, but I wouldn't exactly call myself "adventurous" based on these last few weeks.











After having relaxed for a few days though, and having seen a bit of San Francisco, I decided it's time to move on. South California? Nahh... Can't be bothered. Arizona? Bah, already been there.

You know what? I think I'll just drive back to Austin.... Yeah, that sounds like a great idea actually.

M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment