Planes, trains and automobiles and a cheese-filled epilogue.

Author: M. / Labels: , , ,

How can one man's journey from Argentina to France last 48 hours?
Simple. By taking a plane from Buenos Aires to Sao Paolo, another one from Sao Paolo to Madrid, wasting 4 hours at that airport, taking yet another plane until Barcelona, spending 7 hours exploring this electric city until just after midnight that the bus to Perpignan sets off, freezing in the cold hiding behind a stack of tables and chairs until dawn that the station opens and jumping on the train that eventually, with a 3 hour delay, will reach Limoges! [breathe in]

Ok, I'm not complaining. It was fun and besides, this kind of foolishness is what I'm traveling for! Finally there, the deserted little village that goes by the name of Glanges, where my mom lives, (a place where after 9pm it is so quiet that you can hear your own heart beat) is where we spent with E. a couple of days filled with sillyness and long chats that usually end with a hug or with hysterical laughter.
As for my mom, she gave her own cooking performance. It sure has been a while since I had last eaten so much and so well! Sure, I've always had the cooking of the likes of Roberto, Brian, my own, Sacha, Joana, all joint against the dullness of argentine cuisine, but heck, I had forgotten how well my mom can cook! Cheers mom! I bet your son taught you everything you know...

So, with a full stomach and batteries recharged, after 5 days in beautiful Glanges, I am putting my backpack back on and going back on the route. After a few trains, buses and planes more, I should be reaching Athens by tomorrow...

M.





Friggin cold...

With E. just outside Glanges

My mom and Geoff

5 comments:

desaparecido said...

pote erxesai kai poso tha meineis re zargampourmpouleeeeeeeeee??????????

Dee_Licious said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dee_Licious said...

A place so quiet, you can hear your own heartbeat... sounds lovely.

I hope that when you are in Austin, we can convince you to cook some of your mother's recipes for us. :o)

Hugs for the road!

Pattybutterflies said...

Must be nice to hear your own heartbeat after the crazy Buenos Aires life... :) by now you're on a beach somewhere, and the sound of the waves has replaced that of your heartbeat... but it's just as lovely a sound... mismo si no puedes bailar una chacarera por ahi. :)

Lillian said...

Made Pastitsio last night too! hahaha...
Miss you :-))

Post a Comment