Idiot's guide to getting overly busy in Greece:

Author: M. / Labels: , , ,

My time in Greece is almost up and to be honest, I don't feel having realised being here. The first days where, however, fun and food filled, spending easter weekend at Stelios's house in Amarinthos. It was all I wanted it to be, with some good friends, lots of new people, immense amounts of food and enough laughter to stock up till christmas.


I don't think we left the table much...


The delicacies


Stelios, the co-organiser! :p


A swim was definitely in order. :)


In the 25 days I was going to be spending back in my home country, I had several things in mind I wanted to do. However, my priorities suffered an unexpected shuffle when I got an incredible stroke of luck and was offered the possibility to set up a photo exhibition and even hold the opening night before leaving the country. Myself and two friends who were helping me contact some places regarding this issue, were left gobsmacked when we were told by the owner of a very classy theatrical space that she was willing to host my exhibition for a month and even hold the opening night on the 11th of May.

Needless to say, I was ecstatic, but that left me with only two weeks to do all necessary work. That involved getting the photos ready, ordering the materials, printing, preparing and building, finding live music for the opening night, arranging a DJ, contracting dancers for a show, preparing the actual space, designing the flyers, printing hundreds of posters and flyers and distributing them all over the city, compiling a press release and sending it out to all the media and various other little jobs... Obviously, this was a mountain of work but thanks to the priceless help of several people (mainly to name Vasilis, Carmen and Kiveli who did an excellent job), we pulled it off and were 100% ready on time. Thanks guys. I couldn't have done it without you!



The actual opening night was a huge success! Lots of people, lots of good feedback for the photos and the presentation, the music, thanks to my beautiful DJ Claudia Matola, was brilliant, the dance was beautiful, everyone had a brilliant time and I was receiving the best of comments when everyone left. Not to mention, I couldn't stop smiling. All in all, I am overly pleased with how the event turned out and do believe that something good will come out of it.

And now... not much left... Tomorrow I am leaving. But before that... Depeche Mode Live!

M.

3 comments:

Lietuvaitė Atėnuose said...

The exhibition and opening night was great - pity I couldnt stay longer:(

Akvile

Pattybutterflies said...

Congrats! :)

you deserve it! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear it! I <3 your photos. :)

Post a Comment