Shake your tail feather

Author: M. / Labels: , , ,

18/10/2009

You must have figured it out by now that Austin has some crazy, hilarious events going down (You do remember I got back in Austin right? my birthday, ACL... come on, keep up!). Well, this month that I have spent here after Burning Man has been no exception.

Crazy parties, live music of all sorts, insane costumes, silly people and gatherings out of nowhere have been keeping me more than busy. The highlights of it all though, by miles, were a Dr. Sketchy night and the infamous (by now) Animalesque show.

Dr. Sketchy is an art event where one or more models go on stage and a few dozens of people come with their sketchpads and colors and draw the models in their various positions. Twist here is, there is plenty of beer involved. :)
D. runs this show and she asked me to be one of the models for a special Dr. Sketchy night that would be a fundraised and promotional event for the upcoming Animalesque.

Did I say no? Of course not. So there I was, for half an hour on stage, dressed up as a lion and choosing a number of poses for the "artists" to be creative with. At the end of it all, I got some pretty good feedback by the people drawing me and personally, I had a blast. The photos I believe give a pretty clear idea of the outcome.







And having gone through my first "modelling" experience, there came Animalesque.

This was an animal themed Burlesque show and all money made of it would be donated to the Austin Pets Alive organisation, hence the name of the event. This was obviously going to be such a fun event and when I was asked to perform, I jumped right at the opportunity.

We did a joint skit with D., for which we needed to prepare making costumes, rehearsing, improvising... And in the end it all turned out quite funny and sexy. ;)



In the end, the whole night has a HUGE turnout, with about 230 people showing up to see everyone perform and every single one of the approximately 20 performers had an amazing time. People cheering, screaming and applauding everyone's creative and performances. It could not have been any better.
Here's the video of it. I will let you guys figure out who we were supposed to be. :)



M.

5 comments:

Dee_Licious said...

That video doesn't do either of us justice on the scale of hotness my dear. You practically made some ladies in the front row faint with all of your stinky flirtations. :o)

Thank you for dressing up in a ridiulous lion costume, posing in tiny underwear and holding some ambitious and difficult poses for your first time out as a figure model. You were (and are) fantastic.

Thank you for being my first burlesque partner and for popping your burlesque cherry with me.

I see a real future for you on the stage kid! :P

tiemblafreud said...

(chiste solo para latinos) Oh Pepe Làmour, el zogrrrrrinito enamograaaaaaado

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the Dr. Sketchy photos? I haven't seen any. :(

Thank you so much for being part of Animalesque. I'm honored that my event got to be your first burlesque performance (and impressed that you got the video up so quickly!). You and Dee-Licious were fabulous!

Hillary said...

I had an idea of what you meant with that mud wrestling comment on facebook. With this video I understand even more, though of course I won't fully until I participate.
Once you came onto stage it was obvious who you two were impersonating!

luis said...

Putooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Buenísimo loco!!!!!!!!!
Encontraste tu nuevo oficio? :p
Un abrazo ;)

Post a Comment