Goodbye Austin!

Author: M. / Labels: , ,

26/10/2009

Sad and unbelievable, but true. I have left Austin...

Austin is a trap filled with honey and general sugary goodness. My plan initially was to stay for a couple of weeks and I ended up being there for more than two months.

I made fantastic new friends, joined the most fun events, got introduced to so many new ways of thinking and spent loads of time at a skydiving dropzone (shameless plug) with some of the best people around (I love you guys!).

It was time for me to move on though. Don't get me wrong, I could easily stick around for a hell of a lot longer, but there is much more to discover. And especially after the ways Austin broadened my mind, I believe it's somewhere on the road where I will find the answers to all my new questions.

So after yet another INCREDIBLE see-you-soon party at TC's lounge,









surrounded by all my favourite Austinites and non (whom I had asked to show up in tu-tus - kudos to the ones that did), dancing at the crazy rhythms of Soul Track Mind and then a full weekend at the dropzone, I have just arrived in New Orleans, Louisiana.

There is lots of fun to be had, lots of new people to meet, lots of soul-searching to undertake. Even though I miss Austin and all it comes with like hell, I can't wait for the surprises that lie ahead of me! :)

"Too many fragments of the spirit have I scattered in these streets, and too many are children of my longing that walk naked among these hills, and I cannot withdraw from them without a burden and an ache.
It is not a garment I cast off this day, but a skin that I tear with my own hands.
Nor is it a thought I leave behind me, but a heart made sweet with hunger and with thirst." - Kahlil Gibran


M.

2 comments:

Dee_Licious said...

I look forward to reading your stories from the road, growing with you through your adventures and learning from your soul-searching myself. :)

"No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other's worth.” - Robert Southey

I am thoroughly persuaded and have no doubt that we will have more adventures in the future. I'm going to make sure of it. :o)

Such a beautiful quote. I'm so glad you are enjoying the book.

Stephanie Schutz said...

What an amazingly beautiful quote. My soul feels that one.

I am looking forward to hanging out with you and hearing how Austin affected you.

Post a Comment