Note-to-self: Next time, stay on the beach!

Author: M. / Labels: , , ,

20/07/2009

The very same moment that I left Cartagena, the countdown also started. Medellin, Bogota and that's that with Colombia. And in the end, I realised that the best parts were already behind me. :(

I had heard only the best about Medellin, but personally, I don't see what all the fuss is about. Of course, with all the couchsurfers we had a great time. I even met a greek guy living them!



And the city itself is beautiful, taken well care of, clean, well organised but I feel it lacks character. It kept giving me the impression that everyone is so focused on maintaining their "perfect" image that the society dictates (in the clothing, their buildings, their external appearance -plastic surgery is a BIIIIG business here-, in their behavior) that they actually forget to "live" Kai even more so when we're referring to Colombians, the alleged ambassadors of being alive.









I spent a week in Medellin before setting off to Bogota and I can't think of anything fascinating to consider as memorable. Man, I really should not have left the beach!

Before reaching Bogota though, I just couldn't resist and made one more stop in Ibague for a day, to spend yet another crazy night with the nutters I met the first time round we passed through with L. And I certainly did not regret it! The guys gave their best selves and sent me off to Bogota with the warmest hugs I have ever received!


The Ibague group

M.

0 comments:

Post a Comment