Tayrona

Author: M. / Labels: , , ,

05/07/2009

There are so many screams of happiness and achievement in my head that I don't know where to start and which images to describe first.

I am at the exact stereotype of most people's paradise. A quarter-circle beach covered in fine, light-colored sand and rocks on either side of it that form a closed hug that protects it by the waves of the open sea. At the top of the rocks of one side there is a simple, cylindric construction made of wood and palm tree branches for the roof. Some people have put up their hammocks in there and get softly rocked at night by the slight wind.
From there one can see the background of this image, a bright-green mountain with thick, tall vegetation that ends with a row of palm trees at its foot. And I, lying on my orange hammock that I put up between two of those palm trees, listening to the waves crashing at five meters away, pushing the water all the way under my hammock, writing about how much in love I am with this country, while drinking the milk out of the coconut I cracked open not so long ago.


Our shopping for a week on the beach.












My bedroom. :)





During our first evening there something happened that I had never witnessed in my life. The sun was close to its dusk while we were putting up our tents. Suddenly, I sensed this strange light in my eyes. I can see everything orange! No, it's not my obsession with that color. The moment the sun went down a red veil covered the sun, washing everything with a light, orange filter. As the light was getting less and less, the scenery was getting more and more red. I have never seen such colors during a sunset.





This, guys, is the caribbean. In the heart of this picture we spent almost a week with L., M., D., E. and A. Spending every day from the sea to the hammock and from the hammock to the sea, lighting a fire to cook in our huge pot, drinking coconut milk and enjoying fine colombian coffee filtered straight through a sock. This is the life!!!







At some point, however, I had to leave the beaches of park Tayrona. I am now in Santa Marta, the neighboring beachtown and tomorrow I'll be setting off towards Cartagena, always sticking near the coast. After almost two months of traveling, I am now traveling solo. :)

M.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw man, you are right... that beach is beautiful. : )

Pattybutterflies said...

Post the picture of the hammock, especially after what you told me is just mean... pure meanness!! :p Can I photoshop myself in?? Will that transport me to the beach immediately?

...I wish!

Lillian said...

magic............. I'm speechless. Which is a bit rare ;-)

sTexas said...

Malaka
keep up with this
it just seems too ridiculous to be true

Post a Comment