The white beach

Author: M. / Labels: , , ,

13/07/2009

The following day I set off towards playa blanca, yet another gorgeous caribbean beach. I was told: "You're better off taking the boat there. It's too complicated getting there by land."

You can already imagine how I went. :) Indeed, the ride was a bit difficult, but definitely worth it. I put my hammock on my shoulder, which I transformed into a bag by putting all my food and drink in it, and set off.

First part of the journey was in a bus, which left me at the toll booths.
Second part was again in a bus. A bus so full I actually had to do the whole ride hanging with my "bag" on the outside of the door, with just four fingers and a foot on the inside (no, it wasn't going slowly AT ALL).
Third part was in a shipwreck of a naval construction with which I had to cross the artificial channel that the spanish had opened during their conquering years (yes, I know, you don't give a crap).
And fourth and final part, the motorcycle of horror. A crappy little motorcycle, ridden at its limits on a nasty dirt road, full of gravel and mud. I practically shit myself on the way there, but made it in one piece.

So here I am, once again, in a caribbean dreamy image. Clear white sand, turquoise water and hammocks all over the place. I stayed there for three days, two of which I spent with the guys I was traveling in Tayrona with, who happened to show up out of nowhere. It was a truly beautiful beach, although after having seen the beaches of Tayrona, it did not impress me much. Nevertheless, it does have its character and when I found out that this is where "Pirates of the Caribbean" was filmed, I appreciated it even more. :)







On sunday I went back to Cartagena, intending to get to Medellin. Did I? Nope! Because two girls I had met in my hostel convinced me to stick around one more night until the following morning that they had to catch their flight outta there. Truth is, I had no real reason to be in a hurry and when we started coming up with ideas on how to spend the night (one of which was to attempt to dye S.'s hair), I was fully convinced.

The next evening I finally made my way out of Cartagena, leaving the Caribbean behind me for an undetermined amount of time.

Μ.

1 comments:

luis said...

You forgot to talk about the warm water!!!!!!
:p

Post a Comment