Cajamarca

Author: M. / Labels: , ,

05/06/09

I came for one thing and left with another from beautiful Cajamarca. I came to fulfill a promise I had made to myself a number of years ago and in the end, I am leaving here not only having succeeded to do what I came for, but also having given a new promise to myself and to others that I will come back.



30 hours were enough not only to be dazzled by the character and the genuineness of this city (thanks to the lack of tourists), but also to appreciate the open heart, the generosity and the smiles of the local people.





Giancarlo was our official couchsurfing host who kept driving us from and to everywhere.
Sergio opened up his house for us and made us feel more comfortable than in any other part of this journey.
Jose would make sure with every opportunity that we'd be well fed and "watered"; beer by the litre, tequeños on the spot, the best ceviche in town, pisco, more beer, even an aubergine desert (yes, aubergine! Delicious!!) made by his wife!






ceviche - Latin america's sushi. Raw fish, mied with lemon and onions

Thanks to these guys, we spent two days like kings and got to know Cajamarca much more than I was expecting. Honestly, I cannot thank them enough.

Shortly we will be boarding the bus to leave from here. A huge route awaits us on this final leg of the distance to be covered: Cajamarca, Peru - Popayan, Colombia without any stops! Good luck to us...

M.

4 comments:

Dee_Licious said...

That woven piece is beautiful. : )

Your tail is getting so long!!!!

Ara said...

that's a heck of lot of beer!!!
Is that a pint?

M. said...

It's more than just a pint my friend. It's a great night all by itself. :)

Stephanie Schutz said...

Never had eggplant dessert before. Intriguing! :)

Post a Comment