Niagara falls

Author: M. / Labels: , , ,

29/11/2009

The following day I left D.C. and drove up north once again. Next stop: Niagara falls.

However, the way to the falls is a turning point, as I will be no longer traveling alone for a while. As pre-arranged, as made a quick stop at JFK airport, where my friend H. was gonna be arriving, in order for us to join forces and travel together.

We made it to Niagara, and Canada more specifically, where we stayed for a night with E., a friend through CouchSurfing that I had never before been lucky enough to meet in person.


Entering Canada...


I've been violated!

Going to Niagara falls has always been a dream of mine. However, I was never especially passionate about it. I wanted to go there, mainly because everyone would mention these falls every so often. They would be used as a metaphor to show great water flow, or as a form of exageration. Also, it would always be an attraction that would get mentioned whenever someone would talk about a holiday in the USA: "Oh yeah, and the Niagara falls. You have to see those...". Visiting the falls, I realised that Canada has an equal share (if not a better one) of the falls as the US do.


The bridge that connects the USA with Canada


Straddling the two countries


After a number of attempts, we gave up on the idea of trying to fit both of us AND the falls in the same photo

Now, being close to the moment that I would see them, I was prepared for dissapointment. I was not expecting to see anything breathtaking nor new. And indeed, I was not proven wrong.


Behind the falls




Yeap. Lots of water indeed...

Niagara falls itself, in my humble opinion, is nothing to write home about. The falls form the natural border between Canada and the USA and other than the fact that millions of gallons of water flow through that border on a daily basis, there isn't much more to say about them. There's nothing really spectacular about the scenery and especially after having seen the Iguazu falls in Argentina, this to me was nothing more than a running tap...


This was the most beautiful image I saw out there. Funny how no part of the falls is portrayed.


What kind of human visits the niagara falls to have their photo taken in front of a photo??

So, Niagara Falls: check. Back to the US of A now and specifically to Keego Harbor, Michigan.

M.

1 comments:

Athanasia Kavelara said...

Nothing is like La Garganta del Diablo... xoxo

Post a Comment