The SLOSS!!!

Author: M. / Labels: , , ,

Due to a couple of things that were thrown at me (referring more to ideas, rather than bottles), I decided to leave New Orleans a bit early and head up to Alabama. Birmingham to be more precise. The first place I was taken to visit was -dramatic music and deep voice applied- THE SLOSS!!!



Sloss Furnaces used to operate as an iron producing furnace that got shut down almost 40 years ago. Nowadays, it operates as a museum. Most interesting thing about it though is that it is considered to be one of the most haunted locations in the US, due to its history of work accidents and murders that took place.

Have a look at the photos below and let me know if they give you the chills or not... ;)










Maybe the dude just hiked the Grand Canyon...


The terror is obvious in our eyes!


We need to get out of here, FAST!


I ain't afraid of no ghosts...


Sloss from the top (I was not supposed to be there).

Did I mention that the best Halloween Haunted House party is held here annually? hehe

M.

2 comments:

Dee_Licious said...

Hahahhaa! I feel like I've been there before or something. Glad you had a good time and glad you got to see some of the "decorations". We had a whole lot of good times at Sloss Fright Furnace... performing circus and sideshow acts under the overpass for kids. Glad you got to see my little city. :o)

Miss Marvelous Murphy said...

Oh delightful!!! Our visit to Sloss was one of my favorite visits!!

Post a Comment